Cancer treatment in times of COVID-19:
The COVID-19 Pandemic has caused significant and severe restrictions in international travel including medical travel for specific treatments. On the other side because of the collapsing health systems treatment of cancer patients or patients with other chronic disease often is not secured anymore.
For patients with a life-threatening disease (cancer is a life-threatening disease) there are exceptions allowing to travel to Germany if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- You have a life-threatening condition that requires immediate medical attention in Germany
- The treatment cannot be postponed, as non-treatment would cause irreversible damage
- The necessary medical intervention cannot be performed elsewhere, but only in Germany
The Health system in Germany fortunately is stable because the measures against COVID-19 were taken early enough. So treatments for cancer or other diseases can be performed as usual without restrictions.
For foreign patients needing treatment in Germany in our hospital a medical certificate has to be prepared indicating the specific situation and that the patient fulfils the criteria mentioned above.
General Informations and Registration
We, the Hospital Dr. Herzog, are a private hospital. For privately insured or assistedly insured persons the costs of treatments are covered by their insurer, as a general rule. Unfortunately we do not have contracts for general coverage with the german Statutory Health Insurers. In individual cases coverage with theses Statutory Health Insurers could be reached in the past - If you want to make an inquiry we will stand by your side, just contact us. As a matter of course you can be treated as a private-pay patient at our hospital.
Informations about your billing can be received directly from our Billing Department. (Phone: +49 (0) 6043 9830, Fax: + 49 (0) 06043 983 194, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
What should you bring with you to a treatment in our hospital?
- Medical reports, in particular current reports (if not already sent before)
- CDs with CT scan images, MRI scan images, PET-CT scan images or other vital images
- Laboratory reports
- Pathology reports (e.g. after biopsy or after surgery)
- A summary of the currently taken medication
- A list of possible allergies
- Sports clothing if you want to use our in-house gym
If you have questions don’t hesitate to contact our admission department (Mrs. Emrich, Phone: +49 (0) 6043 123, Fax: +49 (0) 6043 194, Email: email@example.com)
Your daily routine in our clinic:
- At arrival you will have an elaborate interview with the on-duty physician.
- On the following weekday we will undertake a grand routine laboratory investigation. The laboratory times are Mo. - Fr. ; 8:00 am - 10:30 am.
- At arrival we will also do a control-ECG, a lung funtion test and an ultrasound examination for diagnostical purposes. If further diagnostics, like CT or MRT, are needed they will be induced.
- Depending on the specific illness therapies, like local Hyperthermia, Magnet Field Therapy and Physiotherapy, are performed between 08:00 am - 04:00 pm.
- Our meal times are:
Breakfast from 8:00 am till 10:00 am (saturdays till 12:00 am)
Lunch from 12:00 am till 02:00 pm
Supper from 06:00 pm till 07:30 pm
- Our in-house gym is always open for your individual use.
- A washing machine including detergents and a laundry dryer are available for our patient's use.
- The historical spa gardens of our spa town Bad Salzhausen offer you the possibility of long relaxing walks, and are within 3 minutes of walking distance from our clinic. Here you can find their official website, including a great slide show of their appearance.
- On weekends you can go on organised trips e.g. shopping tours to the city of Gießen or Frankfurt, or to landmarks and places of interests (depending on the Corona situation).