Cancer treatment in times of COVID-19:
The COVID-19 Pandemic has caused significant and severe restrictions in international travel including medical travel for specific treatments. On the other side because of the collapsing health systems treatment of cancer patients or patients with other chronic disease often is not secured anymore.
For patients with a life-threatening disease (cancer is a life-threatening disease) there are exceptions allowing to travel to Germany if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- You have a life-threatening condition that requires immediate medical attention in Germany
- The treatment cannot be postponed, as non-treatment would cause irreversible damage
- The necessary medical intervention cannot be performed elsewhere, but only in Germany
The Health system in Germany fortunately is stable because the measures against COVID-19 were taken early enough. So treatments for cancer or other diseases can be performed as usual without restrictions.
For foreign patients needing treatment in Germany in our hospital a medical certificate has to be prepared indicating the specific situation and that the patient fulfils the criteria mentioned above.
General informations for patients, registration, procedures and informations about hospital stay:
Hospital Dr. Herzog is a private hospital. In some cases the cost of our treatments are reimbursed by private health insurances.Informations about costs of treatment and ways of payment are available in our billing department (tel: +49 (0) 6043 9830, fax: +49 (0) 6043 194, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
What should a patient bring along coming for a treatment to Special Hospital Dr. Herzog?
- 1. Medical reports in particular actual reports (if not already sent before).
- 2. CDs with CT scan images, MRI scan images, PET-CT scan images or other vital images.
- 3. Laboratory reports.
- 4. Pathology reports (e.g. after biopsy or after surgery).
- 5. A summary about the present medication.
- 6. A list of possible allergies.
- 7. Clothes adapted to the time of the year to be able to also take walks outside of the hospital and to use the gym (A washing machine including washing powder and tumbler is provided).
In case of questions don’t hesitate to contact our admission department (Mrs. Emrich, tel: +49 (0) 6043 123, fax: +49 (0) 6043 194, email: email@example.com)